Achieving a balance between function and style in a bathroom or kitchen requires a professional that has expertise in this area. Because these rooms are the busiest in a household, they require meticulous attention to detail and expert planning.
Here are some ideas to consider when selecting a designer for your kitchen or bathroom project.
Ten Questions for Choosing a Kitchen and Bathroom Design Professional
1. Does the designer have experience in planning layout, materials and overall look and feel of bathrooms and kitchens?
2. How does the designer keep on top of the latest trends in this continually changing niche industry?
3. How has the designer solved functionality and utilization issues in past projects?
4. Placement of the major kitchen appliances needs special consideration. Will the planner position the refrigerator, stove and sink so that moving from one to another is seamless?
5. Does the designer have good relationships with local contractors and tradespeople?
6. Has the designer worked with different tile and stone materials and are they well versed in the care, maintenance and durability of these items?
7. Will the design professional interview you to determine the best fit for these rooms, to suit your particular needs?
8. Is the designer a member of the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID)?
9. Has the design professional worked with ecofriendly materials and can they attest to the usability and integrity of the resources?
10. Does the designer have a healthy portfolio of bathroom and kitchen projects?
These questions can help while initially interviewing a design professional and you’ll undoubtedly develop other questions.
The Cathers’ Design Team of Denise Taylor and Geneva Podolak would be happy to answer the above questions and more! In the words of one client, these designers are “true professionals and a joy to work with.”
To talk with Denise or Geneva, please call 970.927.6556, send an email or stop by the 3,000 square foot showroom in Basalt, Colorado. Design is their passion.